October 17, 2018

හැන්ද


























Richard Jones | The Spoon


Some days I think I need nothing
more in life than a spoon.
With a spoon I can eat oatmeal,
or take the medicine doctors prescribe.
I can swat a fly sleeping on the sill
or pound the table to get attention.
I can point accusingly at God
or stab the empty air repeatedly.
Looking into the spoon's mirror,
I can study my small face in its shiny bowl,
or cover one eye to make half the world
disappear. With a spoon
I can dig a tunnel to freedom,
spoonful by spoonful of dirt,
or waste life catching moonlight
and flinging it into the blackest night



දිනමිණ වසත් සුළඟ- 17.10.2018

2 comments:

  1. ඉතාමත් සරල වස්තු බීජයකින් අගනා කාව්‍යයක් නිර්මාණය කළහැකි බවට හොඳ උදාහරණයක්. /I can point accusingly at God
    or stab the empty air repeatedly./ මේ පදයේ ඉතාමත් ගැඹුරු අදහසක් තිබෙන බවයි පෙනෙන්නේ.
    එදා මට ජගත් දුන් එයාගේ පද්‍ය එකතුවකත් වචන කිහිපයකින් හොඳ අදහසක් මෙසේ තිබුණා.
    මායිම
    බිඳ වැටුණි
    කටු කම්බි වැට
    සතුටකි සිතට.
    බැඳෙන තෙක්
    තාප්පය ගඩොලින්.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks

    https://kadadasikole.blogspot.com/2018/10/192-nothing-more-in-life-than-spoon.html

    ReplyDelete