January 07, 2018

මගේ දුවට
















































For my Daughter |Marjorie Saiser
When they laid you on my belly
and cut the cord
and wrapped you and gave you
to my arms, I looked into the face
I already loved. The cheekbones,
the nose, the deep place
the eyes opened to. 

I thought
then this is the one I must teach,
must shape and nurture.
I was sure I should. 

How was I
to know you would become
the one to show me
how kindness walks in the world?
Some days the daughter
is the mother,
is the hand that reaches
out over the pond, sprinkling
nourishment on the water.
Some days I am the lucky koi,
rising from below, opening
the circle of my mouth to take it in.

දිනමිණ- වසත් සුළඟ 02.01.2018 



8 comments:

  1. හරිම අර්ථවත් කවියක්. ඉහල මට්ටමේ පරිවර්ථනයක්

    ReplyDelete
  2. ස්තූතියි ඉයන්. මමත් මේ කවියට කැමතියි. එක දිගට පත්තරේ පළවුණේ පුංචි ළමයි ගැන ලියවුණු දුක හිතෙන කවිවල පරිවර්තන කියලා මට කියවන්නියකගෙන් චෝදනාවකුත් ආවා. ඒත් ඒක අහම්බයක්. මේක නම් හොඳ වෙලාවට දුක හිතෙන කවියක් නෙමෙයි!

    ReplyDelete
  3. අගෙයි පරිවර්ථනය.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ස්තූතියි කල්‍යාණ!

      Delete
  4. පරිවර්තනය හරි අගෙයි.මම අර koi මාළුවා ගැන නම් අහලවත් තිබුණේ නැහැ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Thaththa

      I think Koi are a type of carp fish. they are very big and seen in decorative outdoor ponds, usually in Japanese gardens.

      Delete