September 04, 2018

නින්ද


Sleep | Ed Werstein
taps me on the shoulder
and says she wants
to take me to bed.

I tell her I’m just
going to finish
this chapter and then
I’ll join her and
she’ll get what she’s after.

Sleep is impatient
keeps poking me
insisting I pay her
some attention.


I think she is jealous
of my books.

Sleep slips a mickey
into my herbal tea
and has her way with me.

I wake at three and realize
she’s left me again.

She’s thrown my book
on the floor
and hasn’t even bothered
to turn out the light.



දිනමිණ වසත් සුළඟ 04.09.2018


2 comments:

  1. මටත් ගොඩක් දවස්වල ඔහොමමයි.. ඒත් දැන්නම් පොත වෙනුවට ෆෝන් එක තමයි විසි කරලා තියෙන්නේ. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. අද දිනමිණේ ත් කියවූවා. නින්ද පොත් කියවන අය සමග වැඩි මනාපයක් නැතුවා වගෙයි. 'නින්දට' හොඳ පාඩමක් උගන්වන්නට "නින්ද" ගැන තවම කවුරුවත් පොතක් ලියා නැද්ද?

    ReplyDelete