July 31, 2018

දියණියට

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For My Daughter | David Ignatow

When I die choose a star
and name it after me
that you may know
I have not abandoned
or forgotten you.
You were such a star to me,
following you through birth
and childhood, my hand
in your hand.

When I die
choose a star and name it
after me so that I may shine
down on you, until you join
me in darkness and silence
together.

දිනමිණ වසත් සුළඟ- 31.07.2018

3 comments:

  1. I will tell this to my little daughter...i want to be with her as much as possible....even silently....though such moments are rare..

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 31, 2018

    Wow. So beautiful.

    Lotus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done ! Keep it up !
    The Poem as well as the translation, expose a very sincere and affectionate feelings of a mother. It very well depicts how a mother thinks about a loving daughter. Further, it shows how the mother thinks that she will be remembered even after she is dead and gone for ever ! (A named 'star' is something that will be there for ever !)

    ReplyDelete